Seriously, capitalism is seeming hyper-desperate these days. I mean, I buy about one TV every ten years or so. I just bought my living room TV in 2008. It's going to be AT LEAST another five years before I buy another one IF I buy one at all. I mean, I've got a couple of tablets I use for TV watching. I can carry those from room to room with me, as I do other things. When I want a "big screen" experience, I simply put on my good headphones and hold my iPad a few inches from my face. It may seem silly, but it's a helluva lot cheaper than spending nearly a grand on a giant TV I almost never turn on anymore.
I'm sorry, TV makers. I just don't care for your product anymore.
But TVs aren't where it ends--other areas of capitalism are getting desperate, too. I heard from a couple friends that the commercials on Antenna TV (some cable channel, I don't know, I don't have cable!) have TV ads for some sort of vaginal patch (!_!) and a law firm that will sue if you've had an "unpleasant experience" in a hospital.
"Unpleasant experience"??? Well, I don't think anyone's going in there to have a great big party! Of COURSE, it was unpleasant--IT WAS SURGERY. There's nothing "pleasant" about being cut open, even if you're not awake for it.
But that's the level many businesses are getting to. Not only do they have to manufacture needs we don't already have, but now they have to go to great lengths to find needs we don't already have. Like "ultrahigh" definition TVs and bringing lawsuits against doctors for "unpleasantries".
Too bad we can't just kick back and enjoy life. Ah well... Back to the rat race!! OH that reminds me! I just added new Skully-Chan products to the store at http://HELLO-SKULLY.com Go buy some, will ya? THANKS
#speakingoftheratrace
No comments:
Post a Comment