via Instagram http://instagr.am/p/VW3-OgSrqS/
Why did Anwar al-Awlaki and other suspected terrorists deserve a trial? Because the USG has the burden of proof--according to our own laws, they must prove to the American people that these suspected terrorists are actually guilty of something serious before they can sentence them and carry out that sentence. In the case of Anwar al-Awlaki, whose worst crime seems to be verbally endorsing violence toward America, he (and his 16 year-old son, I believe) was blown up by a missile from a drone. I've never read anything about him actually hurting so much as a fly. And, here in America, we don't execute people just for their words. I suppose we do put people in jail for threats (certainly legitimate ones against the president), but executing them??
How long until this ability of the USG is used against an American citizen inside US borders?
No comments:
Post a Comment