Tuesday, June 6, 2000

ThePete

That's ME! I run this site, it's mine, although I have friends who guest blog every now and again. Hm... what to include about me...

Well, I should include a link to ThePoliticsOfThePete page because I have strong political opinions that have leanings in both "conservative" and "liberal" realms. However, you shouldn't label me as either because I am fully neither. For every liberal trait you see in me, I'm sure I can counter it with a conservative one. Oh yeah and I define conservative as "adhering to the traditonal ideas and principles advertised by the founding fathers as the reasoning for the founding of America."

Let's see, I'm old enough to enjoy a cocktail, but never drink. I'm an Atheist, but don't think you shouldn't worship the god of your choice, don't make me do it, too. I do believe that there's more to life in the universe than us, but I'm pretty damn sure the Judeo-Christian-Muslim god isn't it. I could be wrong and frankly, I hope I am. As an Atheist, I (sort of) believe there isn't a heaven but that eternal life is possible but only metaphorically. We live on through what we leave behind. Leave a positive legacy and people remember you that way--you live on as a positive person. Leave a negative legacy and live on as a negative person. Leave nothing behind and you are gone forever.

I stay away from sugar, alcohol and most drugs (caffeine and occasional sugar being the exceptions). I also switched away from fluoride toothpaste when I read a study that suggested that fluoride has no effect on teeth after a few years following the growth of your permanent teeth. I haven't been to the dentist in 4 years and so far no problems with the teeth. They're even whiter now than they were when I was drinking a can of Mountain Dew every day. Go fig.

I sold my car a couple years ago because of a combination of things. Gas prices going up, insurance, maintenance, registration fees, smog checks, concerns about the environment all had a part in this decision. I know ride a Honda Elite scooter where ever I need to go. I call it the GodPhoenix after the ship on the classic anime series GatchaMan.

I used to be a HUGE fanboy. Now I am just a mild one. I still love the original Star Wars: A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, Classic Trek and a handful of anime/manga/American comic book and other limited scifi franchises. My current obsessions are the aforementioned Gatchaman and GhostInTheShell. I'll be selling most of my Star Wars and Star Trek toys over the next few weeks on eBay, so be sure to keep an eye out for them.

The Hiram Key: Pharaohs, Freemasonry, and the Discovery of the Secret Scrolls of JesusThe reason I stopped being such a rabid fanboy was because I read the book pictured to the left. Damn thing changed my life. I'm not saying everything I read in it I believe to be true. However, what they suggest in that book and the sequel to The Hiram Key, The Second Messiah, and its sequel, Uriel's Machine end up making a heck of a lot more sense than what mainstream western history tells us. I was an Atheist long before I read these books, but they reinforced my beliefs that "God" is not. Once I saw how the world just might be running (even today), I became more concerned about the world than how Anakin Skywalker will make his final turn to the dark side of the force. Now I watch the world move and things seem to fit this new line of thinking I pulled from reading those books.

OK, that's all I feel like writing about myself right now. I still need to talk about my fiancee and my career and my dayjob(s). There's always too much going on inside my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment