Sunday, November 23, 2003

For anyone who still thinks we should "get over" Al Gore not being president

I recently came across a posting on a newsgroup and a response to that newsgroup posting that made me livid. The first post was a thick-headed moron who was still referring to people unhappy with the results of the 2000 election as "crybabies". The second was a reply. What follows here are both posts with the names removed, just in case:

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:17:19 -0600, "XXXXX" wrote:

>Will the whining never never never end?
>Al Gore lost, get over it. He lost FAIR AND SQUARE. The ballots were recounted over and over again. And then after the election the newspapers in Florida PAID for another recount. He still lost.
>
>The states set the laws of balloting. Invalid ballots don't count.
>Apparently Democrats have a new thing. If you lose sue. If you don't like the results demand a 're-election' . Something that is not allowed by law.
>
>You want suspecious. You might want to check into voting irregularities in some Democratic controlled states that BARELY went against Bush. But you didn't see an army of lawyers streaming into those states. Because the Republicans HONOR the results of an election.
>
>The Democrats had lawyers already warmed up in the bullpen ready to fly to any state necessary to try to push an election their way.
>
>Why?
>Because they knew it was likely they could lose this one. Because they nominated the wrong guy.
>That is what you have to get over you whining crybabies.

DUDE - since when does the SUPREME COURT get involved in election disputes? According to the US Constitution, it's CONGRESS who settles election disputes.

Saying Gore lost "fair and square" shows us how little you know about the situation. I'm not saying Gore won, but I'm not saying Bush lost, either.

All I'm saying is that there was no PROPER election in the year 2000. The ballots were NOT counted and recounted. They were partially recounted. Recounting could have continued by election officials and not the media if the Supreme Court (appointed by Bush's DAD) had allowed the recount to continue as many Floridians wanted.

Suspicious things:

Katherine Harris certified the votes for the election, claiming she was unbiased and fair. HOW CAN THIS BE? SHE RAN BUSH'S CAMPAIGN IN FLORIDA.

A growing number of companies that produce balloting machines are run by REPUBLICAN PARTY MEMBERS.

Do you know who Greg Palast is? Check out his site at http://www.gregpalast.com and learn about the TENS OF THOUSANDS OF VOTERS WHO HAD THEIR RIGHT TO VOTE REVOKED ILLEGALLY BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

Yeah, Gore lost fair and square. Right.

So, your man "won" and where did it get us? TWO wars and an administration who couldn't catch Lee Harvey Oswald if he turned himself in.

THREE THINGS:

SADDAM
BIN LADEN
IRAQI WMD

WHERE ARE THEY, TOUGH GUY?

Oh and FYI: I'm not a Democrat. I'm not a Republican - I'm an Independent.

This was NEVER about partisan crap for me. This was ALWAYS about having a PROPER election AS DEFINED BY LAW, both Federal and State. As far as I can tell, that won't be happening in 2004, either. But don't worry - your guy will win. The Democrats are seeing to that with some seriously crappy candidates...

OK, I'm done...

No comments:

Post a Comment