Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Casulo: Design for Mobile Living


Original video here: http://www.mein-casulo.de/…_video.htm

Learn more about the project here: http://www.mein-casulo.de/…casulo.htm

This is the kind of stuff I *love*. While this modular living project is far from perfect, I think it is pretty cool.

I think my ideal example of modular living would be a way to squeeze a bed into a backpack that had room for a change of clothes and basic toiletries. A book case and desk are less relevant to me since we live in a world of digital books and laptop computers.
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz.  Replies.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I are planning on moving from a 2-story house with 1/2 acre, full basement, shed, and 3-car garage into a loft downtown this year. It's a really interesting and gratifying experience to look at hundreds and hundreds of things and think "I don't need that. Goodbye!"

    Something like this would be amazing .. if I could bring myself to have that little bit of stuff. But I'm not quite there yet. I need a couch. And a comfier chair. And a real closet. And... and...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    I couldn't agree more. Things tend to own us these days, I think. I'm currently in a process similar to the one you and your wife are going through. I've spent the last couple years slowly getting rid of things that I don't feel I need any more. What I discovered that if I try to go through too much at once I get rid of less than if I tackle parts of a room at a time. Also, going back over the same groups of things allows me to discover more things I can live without.

    Can I get as far as the guys in this video? Only time will tell, but I'm still streamlining! :)

    Thanks again for the comment!

    ReplyDelete