Friday, May 30, 2008

My Emotional Baggage

utterz-image
So after a day of wandering the Big Apple in search of apartments, wefind a Starbucks on Broadway open until 2am (at least on Fridays)TheWife and I sit down with our beverages-of-choice and I look over togaze, lovingly, into her eyes and the above is what I see.

"What's wrong, honey? Why are you looking at me that way?" she asks.


...three cheers for HUGE back packs.
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz. reply-count Replies.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, fellow XOnaut -- have you considered carrying the XO for web access on the days when you're only going to be blogging, emailing, and surfing? Gotta be lighter than a full-sized laptop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I have moved on, somewhat, from the XO. I'm sad to admit it, but in the end, it just wasn't fast enough to do what I needed it to do. I still have it and look forward to new, major changes in the OS (yes, even a version of XP) that take better advantage of the hardware. I truly feel that Sugar doesn't use said hardware as well as it could and while I understand it's a machine for kids, I think it's a mistake to prohibit any sort of multi-tasking, which Sugar pretty much does.

    I'm still all for OLPC and the idea of the XO, but I think the OS needs work.

    It's especially ironic that you mentioned this when you did since, on Thursday, I picked up a 4g eee pc because I got tired of lugging my black MacBook all over Manhattan.

    The eee is actually much smaller than the XO and is even a bit lighter. It also allows me to do a few different things at once, unlike the XO.

    Once again, I'm not criticizing OLPC or comparing the XO to the eee on any other level than that of personal usability. Once I get settled here in the city, I plan on getting back to the traditional blogging and do a final review of the XO.

    But thanks for the suggestion, Donna--it's definitely appreciated. And obviously, I preemptively agreed with you on the weight issue. :) Something had to be done!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete