TSA Searches: Not just for the airport anymore!
A TSA program has conducted 8000 surprise searches of people getting on the subway, boarding ferries, or even driving their own car! And because TSA works with Immigration and Border Patrol, after being searched some people are asked about their immigration status and deported. Remember, this is for your own safety! Just don’t forget your papers.
OH yeah—I got my bag checked for “explosive residue” on my way into the NYC subway today. One of three cops was very chatty explaining that it was just a deterrent and that my bag wouldn’t be opened. It wasn’t and I was done in about 45 seconds.
But still…
Why do I have to submit to this? I’m an American and am not suspected of committing any crimes. Yet, I have to lose 45 seconds of my life so I can help fight a war on terror that I think is a joke. America, land of the free. As if I don’t lose enough 45-second-long chunks of my day wasted by late trains, stupid people and overworked fellow co-workers.
No comments:
Post a Comment