Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Infographic by Martin Missfeldt shows exactly how #GoogleGlass will work on my eye (Kinda Invasively IMO)



20130409-100914.jpg



Infographic source



I've always felt a little weirded out with the idea of tech projecting something directly on my retina. It seems like it would be a little too easy to make me see something that isn't there. Like if someone hacked my Glass. I'm sure I'm just paranoid, but still, if it's possible to hack anything, it's possible. It'll be just short of being able to insert something directly in your mind. If you close your eyes, the image vanishes. But the fear instinct doesn't always let you look away.



Otherwise, I think this is a pretty cool device. I can't wait to get my hands on mine. That's right, I was selected as one of Google's Glass Explorers:

https://twitter.com/projectglass/status/318137531814248448

I just hope they hold their events in NY, LA and San Francisco soon since I'm taking a long weekend out of town later in April and going away for much longer in mid-May. It would suck if I had to skip getting my glass because I was going to be out of town. Neither trip can be postponed--one is a party celebrating my late step-dad's life and the other involves a cruise ship that goes to Europe, so, yeah, unpostponable. I know, first-world problems, but problems nonetheless.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment