Sunday, July 5, 1998
MCVEIGH A HORRIBLE MESSENGER
Well, I am far from discounting CNN.com as a source for news in general, so as I was reading the other day, I found an article describing the contents of letters Oklahoma City Federal Building Bomber, Timothy McVeigh sent his sister before he was convicted. In one of those letters, he admits that, while being trained in the US Marines, he was asked to take part in drug running and acts of assassination. He also claimed that there were many other things that the government asked him to do that were not legal, or ethical. It's a real shame nobody could take the time to believe this guy when he was first trying to make his point that the US government is full of crap! I'm not suggesting it is completely clueless - but even the most patriotic person can admit that our government isn't perfect. And to think if someone - anyone, would have taken a few days out of their busy life to listen to what this guy said, that person might have stopped 200+ people from dying. I'm not suggesting we put any credence in every complete nutbag that comes along, but could it really hurt to listen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment