Sunday, July 5, 1998
THE HOME COMPUTER INDUSTRY HAS GOT IT MADE!
No kidding! Here's an industry that is moving forward so quickly, you can't own a PC for more than about two years without that machine becoming obsolete. I recently threw away most of my old Compaq Pressario - all I could save from it were the drives. The processor chip is welded down, and the RAM is so old, it won't work on my pocket calculator. I did save the drives, but who knows if I'll be able to make them work on my new PC?? So, they just churn out these machines every six months, making them better - why not just take four years to make the best machine you can make and STOP DEVELOPING for a while. I feel so damn pressured to keep buying new machines! I spent $1700 back in 1995 and that machine is virtually useless - it won't run many apps that are standard these days. Why can't they just get it right ONCE - I have a TV that I bought in 1989 - and it still works today! Why can't the same be said for my PC?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment