Monday, August 24, 1998

THE US SAYS? NOT ME!

Now, I understand that we Americans have elected our government and that technically, they represent us on the national stage. Nonetheless, it bugs me when the news (US or other countries' news) refers to things "The US says..." Especially since the latest actions of the US Government (retaliations for the bombings of US Embassies) have been on the extreme side. Already this nut bin Laden has said that all Americans are targets - not just US Government Officials or military personel. If you were born in America, then this man wants to kill you. Now, don't get me wrong, I feel that the we must move quickly and strongly to stop terrorism, but I don't appreciate CNN saying that "the US said" one thing or another when it was really the US Government. I don't know all the facts, so I can't say that I would have made the same choice that my government did. So if you happened to be a psycho terrorist or maybe if you are bin Laden himself, DON'T GO AFTER THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! We elected our government, but can't always control everything they do. And while were at it, DON'T KILL ANYONE! Why are you so angry? I think what you need is a hobby. NOTHING INVOVLING EXPLOSIVES. Why not try knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment