Sunday, April 25, 1999

WAS ANYONE REALLY SHOCKED?

The last thing I mean to do here is to insult the families and friends of those killed in Colorado or show any disrespect to the memories of those killed.

But really - was anyone truly shocked that this happened?

Did anyone OUTSIDE of Littleton actually feel that something like this could never happen?

When I first heard about it, I was saddened, but not surprised.

First off, this has happened before - it's just that these two kids planned it better. AGAIN, not to show any disrespect to those killed or their family and friends, but they were more successful than that guy who shot at his church group. These were a couple of deeply demented guys. They spent about a year planning this thing - it takes a lot of determination, discipline and dedication to plan an assault like this for so long and then actually pull it off. You want to know what else it takes?

REALLY BLIND PARENTS!!

How does one let one's child build bombs, obtain weapons and SPEND A YEAR PLANNING TO KILL HIS SCHOOL-MATES WITHOUT NOTICING!?!?

Of course the idiocy of those kids parents' doesn't surprise me either. I just hope THEY are put in jail for being so blind. What frightens me is this posed shock and the quickness in which people are willing to blame Hollywood and the Gun Industry for what those two kids' parents are COMPLETELY TO BLAME FOR.

I'm not saying they beat the kids and that drove them to kill their fellow students. I'm saying that until a person is over 18, they cannot be treated (legally) like adults - why? Because THEIR PARENTS are supposed to be RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM. If your kid does something wrong, YOU get to pay, too! Oh and the next time you see me or some other person walking down the street in a trench coat, or having goofy hair or perhaps listening to Marylin Manson please, don't assume I'm about to kill someone. 99% of the people who call themselves "Goths" don't commit acts of violence. How do I know this? I used to be one. I used to hang with them. So give us all a break and stop getting distracted by the easy targets, like movies, music, guns - oh don't get me wrong, all of those things are problems, but this time, they're not to blame - not even slightly.

[http://www.guestbook.de/yasg.cgi?X=75379#top|Got an opinion? What is it?]

No comments:

Post a Comment