Thursday, March 25, 2004

IT'S BACK!

gatchamacisback (48k image)


Well, it IS back sooner than I expected, but ONLY because the Apple "Care" website is so full of crap. They have no idea what their 3rd party repair service is up to. Like I said in my Mac Stories entry, they said it had just shown up on the 24th. Today I called the 800 number and they said it is "being prepared for shipment" back to the Apple Store I dropped it off at. I asked the guy if he thought it would arrive at the store tomorrow (Friday) and he said he couldn't say. All his computer was telling him was that the repair had been done. From that he assumed that it was being prepared for shipment. Fair enough, I told him. I would have to call again tomorrow.

Three hours later, the phone rings and it's my Apple Store - they have my iBook. Go figure.

It seems to work just fine, too. The area of plastic that makes up the left palm rest used to squeak just a little, but ow it doesn't. Hopefully, this means that it won't flake again. The thing is, it still does sqeak if I rest my hand on it just right. So, I'm guessing it'll fail eventually. I think I'll keep a running tally of how many days it takes for this thing to crap out on me again...

Now that I have my iBook back, I am still swamped (as usual) with WAY too much stuff to do. Hell, I hardly email anyone when my iBook is running fine. But if you're one of the many people out there wondering why you haven't heard from me in a while (or at all), it's probably nothing personal. Although it will be personal for those people who can't read this blog and understand how busy I am. My writing comes first, then TheFiancee, then my dayjob, then my website and then the rest of the world. Sorry - but I gotta have my priorities.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pete. I have been a Apple user for a few months and have had nothing but problems. I was directed by a friend to this website "www.macslash.com". The website has been a huge help. For example...how to deal with Apple customer service. So I hope this helps. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Thanks, Steve! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete