Well, I just got another email from her yesterday and for once, I'm not disappointed in her. Here's what Barbara Boxer wrote:
Dear Friend:
Fires continue to rage across southern California. I am working to make sure that California has needed resources from all federal agencies. We need firefighting resources and equipment as well as assistance for the thousands of people who have been left homeless or evacuated. I am working to see that these resources get to California as soon as possible.
I hope you will use my Senate website as a resource in the days ahead, both for yourself and for any impacted family or friends. It will have constantly updated information about where fires are burning, evacuation centers, and the federal resources that will be made available in the days ahead. You can find my fire feature at http://boxer.senate.gov/calfire.cfm
Sincerely,
Barbara Boxer
United States Senator
Isn't that cool how she called me "Friend"? I'm so happy she recognizes how close we are.
I'm also happy she's actually doing her job and providing a useful service to the people of California. Of course, when a giant wild fire burns down a third of Southern California it's not that hard to do the right thing and, you know, provide services that help people in this difficult time.
Of course, where will Boxer be when the insurance companies are nickel-and-dime-ing the victims of the fires?
No comments:
Post a Comment