I'd just like to give a big shout out and a friggin' MEDAL to Twitterererer NateRitter for doing the amazing job he's doing micro-blogging the San Diego fires. He's been providing seriously useful information all day today and yesterday, thus removing any need for me to use CNN to find out what's going on down there. If you're on Twitter, follow him at http://twitter.com/nateritter.
This guy is a great example of how much better news can be done by "regular" folks.
Forgot to add a link to the Flickr pool of SD fire pics:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/sandiegofire/pool/
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz.
Pete, thanks so much for the medal. I have a new post on my blog exactly about what "regular people" people can do in natural disasters to help.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your links and thoughts. Keep up the good work.
Hey, thanks for the comment, Nate! Thanks also for the link to your post--I hope everyone who reads my blog will check it out.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're very welcome, man--there's not much I can do up here in LA, broke, carless and desperate for a paid gig, so I figured I'd point my finger at someone doing some awesome work. I like to find some way to do some good. :)
Take care, man and good luck. My positive thoughts and those of my wife are with you and all of you guys dealing with this.