Monday, October 26, 1998
BEAT SPAMMERS FOR REAL!
I am SO broke - I am the kind of guy who goes from paycheck to paycheck. So, you can imagine my amazement when two (yes, TWO) emails appeared in my inbox asking my if I would be interested in investing in their company since it will shortly be going public. Now, I have no idea why ANYone would think that I would want to invest when I have no money. So, they must have gotten my email address (and maybe yours) from one of the various email newsletters and websites that require free memberships. See, some of these lists and sites sell your email address (and any other info you give them) to other companies to use for SPAMing purposes. Beat them by signing up for one of those free web based email services, like Hotmail, Iname or MyOwnEmail and give that email address whenever you are asked. That way, when your email address is sold to the Dark Lords of the SPAM, the junk email goes to your free web-based email account's inbox and not the one your REAL email goes into. HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment