Monday, October 19, 1998
DON'T COVER FOR BASEBALL!
I am a passive baseball fan. This means I watch only when my favorite team is in the World Series. Like this year. I noticed something this year about the way FOX is broadcasting the Series. They run replays EVERY chance they get. It's to the point where I can't tell when the game is on and when it's a replay. When Martinez hit that grand slam, I thought he did it three more times in a row! And another time in slow-mo!! Obviously, I figured it was a replay. Then, at the begining of Game 2 before ANYTHING important even happened, they were runing replays! I can't recall who was up, but he didn't even swing at the first pitch - it was a ball AND THEY REPLAYED IT!! What IS that? Why replay a BALL??? Yes, it was a bad pitch, perhaps some of us weren't watching? SO WHAT?!?! It's the FIRST pitch of the game and it's A BALL, YOU MORONS!! After that, every spare moment, FOX would run their replays. If the catcher was throwing the ball back to the pitcher, that was enough time to run the last swing. JEEZ! Don't they realize we've been watching?? Here's what they were trying to do: cover up for baseball's boringness. But they're wrong - baseball has truly rocked this year and the fans know it - so there's no need to jazz it up with multiple replays from every imaginable angle (including the Catcher-Cam) to hide how slow a baseball game can get. And even if it was a boring game, let people decide for themselves whether or not they want to be bored. There's the catch - that would be asking the network to not use any and every possible method for suckering people into watching the commercials they run. The catch is, I can always follow the game on the radio or the web. SO THERE! Losers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment