Monday, October 19, 1998

COMPUTERS SUCK

TV commercials, the movies and scifi in general, make us believe that computers are just these great little appliances that work really well. I have had everything go wrong that possibly COULD go wrong on my three computers over the last three years (two of which I've had over the past ten months!). My old Compaq had one third of Win95 just evaporate from the hard drive one day. No reason. My Hewlitt Packard had some intangible conflict that even the folks at Hewlitt Packard couldn't figure out. They eventually gave me my money back and I bought a new IBM. THEN, the hard drive on it died. IBM replaced the drive and then I thought - what ELSE could go wrong? Well, this evening, when I sat down to scan in this week's strips for -TheFunnies- Page I disovered ANOTHER conflict that stopped the scanner from working properly. The best thing to do is buy a machine and just use it for simple stuff - don't try to do anything fancy with it because you're setting yourself up for many wasted hours. TRUST ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment