Wednesday, November 18, 1998
IT'S A NEW OS, CHARLIE BROWN!
If you hit the cnn.com website as much as I do, you probably noticed the article they posted about this operating system that just might be a decent alternative to Winduhs 95/98. The article intrigued me so much, I decided to hit some of the "related links" at the bottom. I hit two or three quasi-official Linux sites looking for information regarding whether my needs could be fullfilled by switching from Win95 to Linux. At first things looked pretty inviting. Linux is a more stable system and it's free. But I wanted to know exactly what it did and what it would require me as a user to do and to know how to do. To my dismay, I could find nothing that could clearly answered my questions. I guess I'm too much of a sucker for Win95's ease of use, but if Linux isn't as easy to deal with or easier, it's not much of an alternative. I'm all for bucking the system and I will look for sites that better explain how Linux works and looks and so forth. But until somebody can put in terms a regular non-hyper-computer-guy can understand, I'm continuing to think stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment