Monday, January 14, 2002

I Need a New Job, a New Car, a New Life

Well, another weekend has gone by and has more or less whizzed right down my leg! Yipee! It started off well enough - actually - it didn't. I got stuck running a 15 second clip at work several times over on Friday night. But getting there and back ended up taking three hours. Which I guess is only fair since I get paid a 3 hour minimum. But then TheFiancee worked late which meant the Buckaroo Banzai DVD would have to wait until Saturday night. The next morning we had made plans to go see one of my oldest friends (a film school buddy), his wife and their new daughter down in Hermosa Beach. We took my car - probably a mistake since Hermosa is about 45 minutes away and my car is 15 years old. (TheFiancee's is just 5 and in great shape.) We hung out, got to meet this wonderful thing that is my friend's daughter. She is beautiful and that was immensely special to me. If I wasn't such a manly man I would have busted out in tears. I have to stop calling her dad a loser, now. It was just so special.

Ooof course, with every magical moment, life seems to jam a really sucky annoying moment to deal with, too. On the way back - I should say FIVE MINUTES from my friend's house we saw smoke coming from my engine. I thought maybe it was just the exhaust coming from the car in front of us, but once the light changed and we started rolling, the car started overheating. It turns out that the radiator cracked. You can't fix something like that. You replace it. So we called AAA (guardian angels, all of them) and got my poor Maxima towed back up to a Pep Boys near me. It sucked because I knew it would cost a buttload of money (it did) and a truckload of time (it has). I got home, wrote "TheKey", the Chocolateer (my other Page-A-Dayer) and then popped in the Buckaroo Banzai DVD at 11pm. By 12:30am, TheFiance was falling asleep - so much for the extras.

Then Sunday came and I spent the entire day designing shirts for various parts of my web site. It took me so long that I wasn't even able to build the web pages to display the designs on! Arg. Then I had to write "TheKey" and update my TheFunnies Page - which I will do right now. Okay, that's done. Click on that link and see if you laugh at all... hey, you never know! Of course, it wasn't even that simple - I had to resize a strip and re upload it. What a pain it all can be. If it wasn't so fullfilling to see all this stuff up on the web I wouldn't do it.

Oh and swing by ThePeteTV and check out the GameraCamera for a sneak preview of one of those t-shirt designs I mentioned earlier.

Welp, I must run. It's now 5:09 and I must get up in time to get to the Pep Boys at noon so they can work on my car while I wait there. Pain in the ass... sheesh! Anyway, if you've got some money and you feel like spending it, head to TheMall@ThePete.Com and show unca Pete who loves him!

Later!

-Pete

PS AND I didn't get a chance to do a buttload of stuff on my site, including add a new blog for The Chocolateer's journal in Unleaded Tales. DAMN!

No comments:

Post a Comment