Sheesh - well, check out ThePeteTV to see the cams swapped around - not on the page, but in my office. I'm not sure if I like the new arrangement (I moved my laptop to the opposite corner it was in). I like difference, but I don't know how practical it is. SHEESH! Can I say SHEESH any more times? Tonight was horrible - I ran the most depressing movie - it's called "La Pianist" although I think the American title when it's released is "The Piano Teacher". It's about this crazy-anal-retentive piano teacher who is a SUPER control freak, but she has no idea how to love or even what it is. You'd think this would make for a wonderful romance - but no - it turns out that when she gets turned on, she wants to vomit. She likes to watch others feel passion, but when it comes to herself, she can either only watch or be tied up and forced to feel pain. Or so she thinks because when she finally is beaten by her lover she discovers the pain actually hurts! And she BLEEDS and stuff. When she finally has sex - it's the most depressing thing. She just lies there like she's being raped. UGH! And I'm a guy who likes sex scenes in movies, if they're done well - this one was "done well" but it was depressing as HELL! ARG!
The only neat thing about the screening was that Jay Leno was in the audience. That was cool. There's this one dude at work - he's another projectionist. He flipped out on me once and all but demmanded I be a projectionist like he is. (i.e. do everything his way) And when I refused and then didn't react the way he thought I should when a projection mistake occured, he got in my face and was straight yelling at me telling me to admit I had made a mistake, when really it's none of his business, either way. Sure, I made a mistake and I admitted it, but the print was late, it was a mess and this co-worker of mine was jabbering his head off at me while I was trying to thread up the reel. Sure, I made a mistake - I admitted it, but guess what? The mistake didn't matter since the print was flawed (according to one of the producers who were there that night) and they weren't worryied about how well the screening went on a technical level. The point is - no one noticed, no one cared and still this co-worker of mine was going on about how I made a mistake and I should "be a man and cop to it!"
Of course, I had, just not the way he wanted, kneeling before him praising both him and the Christian God, both of whom, I am clearly superio-- I mean INferior to...
Yeah right.
Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that I trained his sorry ass. I think I know what I'm doing, THANKS.
So anyway, it's like months later and I haven't spoken more than a few words to him in passing but the dipshit keeps thinking I want to be friends with him. The guy flipped out on me and got in my face - is he going to do that again? I don't know and I don't want to know. I'll just avoid him, period. I told my boss and he's cool with me never working with him again. Which is good because I quit my day job so I could avoid stress JUST like that. Co-worker crap (especially this guy's brand of crap) is NOT for me.
So, tonight he comes into my booth (clear on the other side of the building from the booth he was working in tonight) and tells me how he's got Wiliam H Macy (the lead guy from Fargo) in his theater doing a Q&A. Like I'm supposed to be impressed by this or something. Jesus H Macy wouldn't impess me - so WHAT - they're freaking PEOPLE. Yeah? William H Macy? Cool, well, in this booth right here is ME. I'm MUCH cooler than William H Macy (although I think he's a kick as actor!) is and you're practically rubbing elbows with me, man! Isn't that cool? NOW GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!
No, I did not say all of this to him because that would make me as bad as he. Instead, I just relaxed and kept watching my depressing ass film, basically saying all of 3 words to him. He seemed to get the hint and left adding a "see ya" to which I said nothing.
In case you're wondering why I'm blathering on like this, my desktop computer is busy burning a CD and since all of my mp3s are on my desktop computer, I can't listen to them while I burn, so I am killing time listening to an old NIN CD that isn't inspiring me to write anything. So, I'm killing time... Luckily, the CD I'm burning is a bunch of mp3s I can listen to on my laptop - thus freeing up my desktop for more burning - yippee!!
Anyway, enough of my crap. Later!
-Pete
PS Read "TheKey" and tell your friends to, also! They'll like it! Tell your Mom! Tell your, well, tell everyone! I want to feel important to someone other than myself and my fiancee, damn it!!
Whoops - CD's done burning - gotta go!
No comments:
Post a Comment