Monday, August 8, 2005

ZERO HOUR!

Today is the big day! My buddy Danny is up from Sheffield and ready to be my ringbearer. But am I ready to get married?

SURE!

Heh, well, yeah, definitely. I've got my kilt, shirt, sporran, socks and ring, so I'm good to go. I even wrote my vows and TheFiancee and I finished the wedding script last night. Dana's got the script so that's taken care of and I'm just doing some quick things online before I throw on my kilt and stuff to head on over to the Chapel. We won't be inside, but the hill leading down from the Chapel is absolutely gorgeous and the weather seems to be fairly reasonable--it's a bit overcast, but not at all cold. I'm hoping the clouds will go away in the next few hours.

Am I nervous? Yeah, definitely, but I'm keeping it under control. Things are getting kind of surreal--I was hoping being in Scotland would make anything more unusual seem like no big deal, but that's not quite how it's working out inside my head. Still, I'm miles from any sort of second thoughts or cold feet. It's just the seriousness of getting married that is making my stomach a little tight. I'm about to order myself a caffe frappe to get the caffeine going and I'm sure I'll feel better then. Gotta have my caffeine-security blanket. :)

We don't know what's up for after the ceremony yet, but I hope to have pics and video up in the next day or two. Tonight, ideally, but I doubt I'll be near a 'net connection.

Anyway, I should run. Wish us luck and think positive-blue-sky-thoughts for us :)

When I post again, I'll no longer be a single man! (Like that will change me that much!)

3 comments:

  1. By now you two should be joined spiritually, and I wanted to let you both know that way back here in South Carolina the tears are flowing freely with profound love and hope for you both. May the love that you are feeling and sharing today be always with you! And when things don't seem so great at times in the future, remember what you've just shared and why you shared it. The problems will fade away as the love kicks back in and takes over as your primary emotion. You are two unique people that have come together to make a similarly unique couple, and we know that you will will make a fantastic life together. We/I love you both and wish we could have shared this day with you personally. But thanks to your daily updates, we feel like we're there with you. Thanks for making all of us on the other side of the big pond part of your day and your life. Congratulations!!!!

    Eternal Love, The Step-Dad (Don)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...How can I beat that??? Well, all of the above guys...We are so happy for you here in NY...When you have been married as long as us (10 years), it gets easier and easier!!!

    Best wishes and safe travel;
    Chad & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? After I read your blog about getting ready for the ceremony, I got very teary-eyed. I wish like anything that we could be there.

    Then this afternoon, I heard the wedding recessional being played on my new boss's radio and nearly lost it again. I can't believe that you two have gotten married and we weren't there to share in the day. But you have to know that our thoughts (as Don - step-dad so eloquently stated earlier today) are with you.

    We love you both and wish the absolute, ultimate best as you travel life's road. May you find only a smooth road and love forever.

    Love to you both, Pete's Mom

    ReplyDelete