So, we had our first meetup here in SoCal of the XOCal (XO Laptop Users) Group and I think it was a success! There were five XO users who made it and he had a good time comparing notes and discussing the strengths and weaknesses (mostly we talked the latter) of the XO laptop. We were able to chat wirelessly between four of us, but the fifth just couldn't get in for some reason. Sadly, it took a good chunk of time to get even that far, though two of us did upgrade to the latest stable build of the SugarOS.
ANYway, above is a picture of all of the XOs. It was pretty cool seeing so many in one place. Sure, we're not the DC group, but hey, we've got to start some place!
Check out more pics from the event at my Flickrset:
http://flickr.com/photos/thepete/sets/72157603761145349/
Thanks to Fricka and everyone else who made it!
Mobile post sent by thepete using Utterz.
Interesting little machine, reminds me of something Fischer-Price would put out. Thanks for the comments you made on my blog earlier, they are much appreciated. I agree with what you said about the MacbookAir being frail - it's only a matter of time. You have some great stuff going on here, so I'll add you to my blogroll. If you'll do the same, I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Romeo! Much appreciate the add to your blogroll. My site is always in flux, it seems. I need to have a more official blog roll than the links at the bottom of each post. I'll get to that soon and be sure to add you. Thanks again for the visit and the comments!
ReplyDeleteBTW, the XO is definitely a better machine than anything Fisher-Price would put out, but I can understand the comparison. It is designed to appeal to little kids. I just wanted one so I could help the cause of putting computers in the hands of 3rd World kids and I wanted to have a cheap UMPC.