Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kind of dreading the debate tonight. Politics this year just seems like a useless game. Read more: http://thepete.com

Obama will win. There's never been any doubt.

I wanted to do something with @JayThePal, but I'm having such a hard time trying to make fun of a system so hopelessly corrupt and, frankly, fucked, that I can't do it. I've made fun of some pretty messed up stuff over the years, but the fact that we have to chose between these two guys is just sad. One is a typical, horribly corrupt businessman and the other is a man who should know better but is instead waging Democrat-style wars (wars without the bravado) on relatively innocent nations. As we have been for over a century, America is a stooge for corporations and we do their bidding in "securing" the world for the free market.

I don't want to vote for either Obama or Romney. There's so much to dislike about the both of them. I may not vote for president. After Obama got elected and then proved himself to be just as corruptible as any white man, I promised myself I wouldn't vote against a candidate ever again. The lesser of two evils should not be your only choice. Yet, here we are again. Obama is better than Romney hands down, but if you don't like flying robots killing "terrorists" in Pakistan without Congressional approval, you're out of luck with Obama, too. He's also left open Gitmo, I think I read someplace he's spying domestically, oh and, I put "terrorists" in quotes above because Obama's redefined them to be anyone in an area where terrorists hang out. This way if our flying robots "accidentally" kill one of them, it still counts as "fighting for freedom."

I'm currently watching the first season of the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire." I challenge anyone to watch it and ignore that sinking feeling that it's all too realistic. Politics, corruption, killing, capitalism... people never change, do we?

The only thing that really changed in Washington after Obama came to town was the shade of the President's skin. I'm all for that, but the games presidents play were supposed to stop, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment