I swore off regular TV years ago. So I find commercials reeeeally annoying. I'm also reeeeally annoyed by the fact that CNN is running commercials during their coverage of Sandy. What surprises me even more is that a lot of the commercials are political ones for Obama or Romney.
There was one commercial which looked like a TED Talk but it was in China and it was being done by an Asian actor with an audience full of Asian actors. The guy doing the talk speaks in Chinese but there are subtitles which are talking about countries that have "failed," why they have "failed," and how countries like America "work for us now."
My wife posted about this spot on Facebook and a friend commented that this spot was only running outside the US. See, we're in Toronto. Apparently, politicians want to influence citizens of other countries?? Can't say that I understand that. Or maybe they want to influence American citizens in other countries? Surely, there aren't THAT many Americans abroad that it's worth trying to scare us into voting for Romney. Surely, that's a waste of their Super PAC money :/
Surely...
No comments:
Post a Comment