Okay, well, I'm getting toward a site design I think is actually nice and pleasant to look at, opposed to my last design, which I feel was cluttered and busy. I think the site is still cluttered and busy, but not as much. If anyone feels like letting me know what they think, go for it.
I also added some new links to blogs in the sidebar. If you respect my opinion in the least, PLEASE check out "Raed in the Middle," "Empire Notes," and "Memory Hole."
Raed is an Iraqi citizen living in Baghdad. He's smart, savy and funny. He's talking about the US Occupation from an Iraqi's standpoint. You know how right-wingers all talk about how most Iraqis are glad the US is there? Well, he's an Iraqi who suffered under Sadam and is now fast to point out that he's suffering under Bremer. It may be a better Iraq, but in some ways it's worse - find out the truth that the US press won't tell you, the foreign press can't tell you and the story the Arab press won't tell you in English without their spin on it. In recent days, Raed has written about the use of Depleted Uranium shells by US forces. He personally measured radiation levels around destroyed Iraqi tanks reaching from 2000% to 13000% their normal levels.
Empire Notes is written by an American called Rahul Mahajan. He's a journalist who has written books about American imperial tendencies in the world and specifically the middle east. He is currently living in Iraq, trying to get the true stories to the public. Recently he's written about US Marines in Fallujah sniping at women, children and ambulance drivers. He was an eye witness to a local woman being rushed to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the head. They told him it was from a sniper. Local freedom fighters are shooting at Americans, not their neighbors. He also posted pictures of a local ambulance that had been fired upon. Two bullet holes are visible in the windshield, right about where the driver's head would be.
The Memory Hole Blog is written by Russ Kick, the author of 50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know. He's located in America and covers loads of great obscure stories. His site is a literal library of news and resources that have narrowly escaped, well, the memory hole. Recently he's covered stories of a former FBI translator who says she translated intelligence from before 911 that essentially warned the USGov of 911. Also recently, he pointed out that the FBI has finally admitted to arresting several domestic terrorists in Texas last year. Didn't read about it in the US news? Well, I read about it at TheMemoryHole. Specifically, three white supremecists from Texas were arrested in May of 2003 when they were caught with a boatload of explosives, weapons and more. These three people are said to be just a small part of a larger group of people. The FBI has never said word one about it until recently, according to TheMemoryHoleBlog. It took them 11 months, but as Russ says, at least they got around to it eventually!
As you, I'm sure, get the inkling, these are some of the best news blogs out there. In fact, it's because of their work that I have decided to stop doing my newsblog because I was just lifting all of their topics and linking to their sources in the first place! I'll still be writing about current events in a new category called "TheBitch." It'll be an opinion category that will allow me to talk about things you should know about (much of which the above guys have already written about) but it will also allow me to be funny and opinionated and generally slam people who are responsible for the bad things I'm writing about. Which reminds me that I need to write up a position column establishing that I am a conservative liberal who calls himself an independent. I'll also mention that I am for the American Way the way it was sold to me when I was a kid - the American Way in Theory, not the American Way in Practice. The American Way in Practice is not party-specific. Both Clinton and Bush and the other Bush and Reagan before and many presidents before them treated the world like their personal plaything. The USGov controls their American Empire (i.e. the entire planet) through manipulations of the world economy, the IMF, and the WTO. This kind of corruption knows no political party, no religion and worst of all, no morals.
Man, and I'm going to be funny when talking about heavy crap like that?
It's going to only get more interesting folks! So, check out those blogs (permanently located underneath the news headlines in the sidebar) and be sure to come back here for my opinion pieces that will be slanted right down the middle!
See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment