Technically any good? The director of photography should get an Oscar. However, the writer and director should be ashamed. This movie had no character development and the plot was predictable as hell. The movie was also tediously paced. Nothing ever just happened. Each scene was drawn out about 30-40% longer than each scene should have been. It's a real shame because not only did I expect to like it, but I also found a lot of the plot points to be very cool. If this movie had been pitched to me, I'd be gung-ho to see it made--but not like this.
How did I feel as the credits rolled? Frustrated. If this movie wasn't such a boring-ass movie, I'd have said George W. Bush should watch it for it's portrayal of the Chinese emperor as being a war monger with a respectable goal. Sadly, I don't recommend this movie to anyone because there's so little to enjoy about it. The cinematography is gorgeous, but even beautiful art gets boring after about an hour.
Final Rating? DNS (I hope for a remake one day from a filmmaker who can keep a story interesting.)
No comments:
Post a Comment