Technically any good? This is a big dumb action movie. So, it's a crowd pleaser. I also happened to enjoy it because of three things. 1) It didn't break any rules it set up. It created a world and kept that world consistent. 2) I liked the treatment of the Umbrella Coporation as being this morally corupt business that is willing to sacrfice anything for more money. (Very realistic!) 3) Two very strong women are the leads. I feel like they snuck this in, since it was just Milla as the ass-kicker in the first one. Now they've got two hotties with guns.
How did I feel as the credits rolled? Satisfied. For a big dumb action movie, this was pretty smart. (It's still big and dumb, mind you.) I'm interested to see if they do a sequel to this one. It didn't have enough gore in it, but after the first one conditioned me, I was ready for a lack of it.
Final Rating? SAM (See A Matinee--especially if you live in a city like LA where tickets are $10.50!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment