I'm so stupid--I'll never be satisfied with my layouts. I have no design sense, so I decided I should redo the site to reflect my lack of design sense and make it look like my desk top--my actual desk top. The idea is that all the text is on pieces of paper that cross my desk of cool toys and other random clutter.
Wow--to me this new design is ugly--oh well.
Let me know what you think! Comment and if enough people don't like it, I'll go back to the last layout. I've saved it just in case. Don't hesitate to tell me if you think it sucks. Seriously, I can take it!
I like this new layout, actually. There are only a couple of things I would fix-- one, I'm not really digging the "notebook paper" look (but that's just personal taste), and two, the area around the "ThePete.Com Stuff" graphic is a little heavy on the scrollbar action. =) Or is that just a manifestation of my lame 800X600 resolution?
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, forgot to mention-- I really like the background, because it adds a personal touch. =)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments, Jen! Sorry you don't like the notebook paper look--I've faded out the lines a bit to make it a bit more subtle, but I like the notebook paper look. As for the scrollbars, it could be thanks to your 800x600 rez. I haven't actually tested it with rez that low. However, you should still be able to scroll ok. There just might be a bit of horizontal scroll you'll need to do to see the sidebar. Still, I'd like to make the site viewable to people with your rez or higher. I'll have to check it out... thanks again!
ReplyDeleteOK, just checked it out on an 800x600 and honestly, it looks OK to me. TheTagBoard doesn't fit in the iFrame next to the logo, but aside from that, no extra scroll bars. TheTagBoard is also too big on monitors with larger rez, so I just need to shrink the tagboard down and all should be fine. I'll try to get to that when I have a spare moment.
Anyone else want to venture an opinion?