TheFiancee & I enjoying Candle Night
To learn more about Canlde Night, check out my earlier post on it or check out a post at TreeHugger.com to learn more.
We had a good time not using any electric lights at all for two hours Saturday night and we did really get an idea of how we humans tend to rely a bit too much on electric lights. Every time we'd enter a room, even with a candle in our hand, we'd have to fight the urge to hit the light switch. We ate dinner by candle light and when I realized I had forgotten the salt in the kitchen, I jumped up and made my way into darkness. Then, I came back to the table, picked up a candle and tried to move quickly back into the kitchen only to see the flame on my candle almost snuff out. I then moved much more slowly.
Electric lights sure are great, but Candle Night was a great way to force myself to slow down and think about things. I hope it becomes more popular next year.
Sierra looks so pretty. =)
ReplyDeleteNot to say that you don't look pretty too, Pete. ;-)
No, it's ok--I can take it! I don't look pretty at all!
ReplyDelete>snif!
You guys make a great couple. =)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks, man! What a nice thing to say!
ReplyDelete