Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Don't Be Embarrassed by Medical Problems!

So, I'm visiting the live journal of one of my oldest friends (we've been friends for a long time, it's not that he's been on the planet longer than any of my other friends) and he's talking about this medical condition he's got and how he doesn't want to worry people so he's not going to blog on it at all. While I understand why he feels this way, I feel like he shouldn't because...well, let me just post here what I posted on his LJ and you can see if you agree with me:

Dude, don't be embarassed. We're your friends--we wanna know this shit. Yeah, you'll worry us, but so what? I'd rather be worried and help if I can than find out your dead with no warning--that would really fucking suck, man! I might have to kill myself just to chase you down in the afterlife just to beat the crap out of ya!!

Don't believe the hype--talking about your medical problems is no big deal, man. It doesn't mean you're weak or anything--it means you're human.

Would it help if I blogged about my hemeroid?

I've got one, you know. It's bulbous and it itches and sometimes hurts. I should probably get it removed with a laser, but I don't have bennies. My fiancee has one of those handheld laser pointers--maybe if I hook that thing up to a car battery or something.

Anyway, so it itches man! I can't sit still for too long without a flare up and then I GOTTA scratch it. You know how weird it is scratching a little piece of bulbous flesh hanging off your anus?

Wait... that IS what a hemeroid is, right?

Shit. I gotta do my research so I know for sure.

Well, all I know is that I've got this blubous fleshy thing coming out my ass and it itches.

There.

Am I embarassed now?

You betcha! But I'd rather you know about it than have you get a phone call in a couple of weeks from my fiancee who has news that I've died of a hemeroid (or whatever it is).

Not that you can die from a hemeroid, but you know what I'm saying, right?

You are loved, my friend. Let us love you or we'll hunt you down and beat you with a stick.

Or maybe I'll just make you look at my hemeroid (or whatever it is).

Wait... am I even spelling hemeroid right?

Ahhh, shit!


So, there. I've blogged on my hemeroid.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your ass, Pete. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thiiinx!

    It's really not that big of a deal. I find that hemeroids really get a bad rap. Sure, mine itches now and again, but really, it's not so bad. In fact, I'm thinking about naming him. I'm thinking Chaz, Chet or Brad.

    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete