Wednesday, October 12, 2005

HOLY CRAP, IT'S A VIDEO iPOD!!!

Well, I know what I'm asking for for Christmas...






I just wish I had a box of Kleenex handy before I read the specs on this thing. Here's what Engadget.com blogged:
It has a 320 x 240 pixel, 2.5-inch, 260,000 color display, 20 hours of battery life, and supports playback of H.264 and MPEG4 at 30 fps. Has TV out and will come in both 30GB and 60GB versions, with the 30GB version being 31% thinner than the current 20GB iPod and the 60GB version being 12% thinner than the current 20GB iPod. The 30GB will hold up to 75 hours of video and retail for $299. The 60GB version will hold 150 hours of video and sell for $399. Both will ship in one week.


Oh, man, I'm spent...

$399 is how much I paid for my 20gb iPod back in 2003.

Time to start saving!!

I hope everyone takes to calling this the viPod. :D

8 comments:

  1. I knew that you would be jumping up and down over this. I still don't get the attraction to the iPod. I kind of like silence when I am out and about. But then I am from an obviously different generation. Maybe some day I will get what the attraction is all about and maybe even purchase one of those gizmos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think to a certain degree it's a guy thing. I am also stricken with severe gadget-love. I've owned every incarnation of media player since I was a kid. Remember those bulky tape players with the built in speaker? I had one (as you may recall). Taking music with me is a joy--taking video with me will be even better. But I'm about to post again on this, so just have a gander at that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMMIT!!!

    why couldn't they have come out with this a few months ago...? i just got a 20 gig iPod. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EBAY, DUDE!!

    I think Tim Toon feels your pain--he just sold his Mini on eBay and bought a Nano.

    Meanwhile, I'm seriously looking around to see what I can sell on eBay for a quick $400... I have a giant sized Darth Vader from 1978 that might fetch a pretty penny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot damn. I may opt for one of these instead of the Nano...argh, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *comes running back excitedly from the Apple website*

    ...and it even comes in black!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black is awfully cool looking, but I love the look of the classic white iPod, so I'll probably stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the only bad part about the new ipod, is that public masterbation might soon be a problem.... but why bother buying the ipod video when you could wait a month and just buy the ipod with the built in egg scrambler and robot.

    ReplyDelete