Sunday, March 4, 2007

GRAE DOES THE LA MARATHON 2007!!

Hey there, folks! Just wanted to to post about ThePete's hero of the day! Now, I don't go tossing around the word "hero" lightly, but my friend [http://myspace.com/oneandonlyhellcat |Grae] trained for months to walk the LA marathon and she actually did it! RIGHT ON, GRAE!!

Now, some skeptics may think "oh, she only walked it." Dude, have you ever walked 26.2 miles straight???

Anyway, so Grae, YOU KICK ASS. I'm lucky if I walk 26.2 miles in a MONTH, let alone in a day.

So, here's some media as recorded by me of the welcoming committee at the finish line:

first a pic:



next two vids (click the pics to play 'em):





Congratulations again to Grae for challenging herself and then following through on it! I hope to be more like you, dammit! (I don't think I'll be tackling a marathon any time soon, though...) And good luck in June!!

3 comments:

  1. I am honored to be featured on your site, sir. Thank you for your support and media skillz!

    I have to say that I started out with a chip on my shoulder about being a walker. I was like, "walking doesn't count." But what I learned is that it is easier in some ways, harder in others. It is way easier on your body--I haven't lost any toenails and actually have a great pedicure in tact the day after the race (just ask my foot-fan boyfriend). Also, I am not sore and all of my joints are working perfectly.

    However, being out there for seven hours as opposed to four is way harder on your entire physiological system. Once, a runner in my club came up to me after a high mileage outing and said, "You're hardcore." That's when the chip on my shoulder got mostly brushed away.

    Walking is also the reason I was able to bounce around and be joyful after the race (see video). So walking is pretty damn dope...although in next year's LA marathon, I am going to run just to see if I can. New year, new goal. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!

    Like I said, YOU KICK ASS.

    Also like I said, doing ANYthing for that long is going to be difficult, even more so considering you were doing something physical.

    Seriously, you did a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, Grae does kick ass. Thinking of doing something similar for m'self, walking more in general and maybe doing a 5 K to get me started (I know, I'm a pussy).

    So, your boyfriend likes da footsies? TMI! TMI! TMI!!!

    Love, Si

    ReplyDelete