Friday, February 19, 1999

DON'T WAIT FOR OCTOBER

THIS IS A MEDIA WARNING: DO NOT MISS THE NEW FILM OCTOBER SKY.

Have I seen it?

No - will I see it?

YES!

WHAT makes me so sure this is a good film? Simple - it has had virtually no marketing whatsoever.

Sure, it's had a few commercials here and there, but for the most part it's a completely under-marketed film. Why is this a sure sign that it's a good film? Simple (again) - this means it's not one of these giant, easy to categorize, blockbusters that panders to the really stupid guy in the audience. The studio that is distributing this film (distributing is the act of finding theaters for a film and putting it in them) actually asked viewers of a test screening to give them ideas on how to market the film. Obviously, no one did, but the fact that the studio wanted ideas on how to get people to see this movie is SUCH a good sign. It says, that the studio isn't going to release it for a few weeks only to yank it from theaters and then plop it on video in a few months. It means, they really care. WOW, what a concept!!

I'm sure it won't last, but hey, while it does, I am trying to get everyone I know to go see this movie. And if I can get some people I don't know to see it - even better! OCTOBER SKY OPENS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 1999 at theaters across the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment