Monday, February 22, 1999

WHY DO WE LIE?

I know this is a big topic and far too lengthy to get into on the Bitch Page, so I will keep it short. Why do we lie? I mean really - why is it so difficult to go an entire day without lying?

Sure, they made a movie about a guy who was forced not to lie for a day and from what I hear, it was pretty funny. But how realistic is the idea of not lying for an entire day?

Pretty unrealistic, I think. But I'm going to try something. For the next week or so, I'm going to try to catch every single non-truth I say. And by lies, understand that I don't go around trying to sell the Brooklyn Bridge to people - I mean the little things you say, like when you pretend that you're having a good day instead of just explaining that the day could be going better for you - which let's face it, is usually the case for all of us. I'll try to keep track, write down as many lies as I can and then try to explain why I lied. Next week, I'll post them here. See you then. And hey - maybe you might want to do the same.

[http://www.guestbook.de/yasg.cgi?X=75379#top|What do you think? Are you up to the challenge?]

No comments:

Post a Comment