by danobrien23 9 hours ago
o0o0lllllll0o0o
"I'm STILL looking for that "Right To Privacy" that Roe v Wade is based on. I don't see it!"
do you see a date on that too? over 200 years old, the oldest written constitution in the world, there's a reason for amendments and there's a reason why we're clinging to a 200 year old document, because it's vague in it's ambiguity, which allows interpretation by all it's constituents and masses it befalls on. I love this country, and The Constitution is one of the prime reasons.
killinger777 by killinger777 9 hours ago
There is no right to privacy. Many things are illegal whether done in private or public.
“The Court talks about a constitutional ‘right of privacy’ as though there is some constitutional provision or provisions forbidding any law ever to be passed which might abridge the ‘privacy’ of individuals. But there is not. There are, of course, guarantees in certain specific constitutional provisions which are designed in part to protect privacy at certain times and places with respect to certain activities.†--Justice Hugo Black
http://www.nationalreview.com/levin/levin200503140754.asp
by knightmareinc 7 hours ago
breaking news: the supreme court use other documents when determining whats constitutional
by Quickbreak 7 hours ago
o0o0lllllll0o0o and Strabes, let's take a look at the Ninth Amendment, shall we?
Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
by iamcitizen 7 hours ago
http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/democrac/49.htm
Another must-read: Washington's Farewell Address
by radinator 7 hours ago
"I'm STILL looking for that "Right To Privacy" that Roe v Wade is based on. I don't see it!"
You obviously misunderstand what you read. It's there, in the 9th amendment.
Keep in mind the constitution is not a listing of what the people are permitted to do, it is a list of what the government is allowed to do. Since there is no mention that the government is allowed to violate the (pre-existing) right to privacy except under specific circumstances listed in the 4th amendment and such, they aren't allowed to violate it.
Damn, and I thought the Internet was for retarded debates... it's nice to see people actually debating the US Constitution!
Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes either. I think they probably thought they were debating the Alderaanian Constitution as passed by the Galactic Senate before the rise of the Emperor. Yeah, the text of the 9th ammendment has Senator Organa's foul stench all over it!
No comments:
Post a Comment