Tuesday, February 13, 2007

DON'T LET ME IN AMOEBA MUSIC

Because I will spend money there again! I'm SERIOUS! I'LL DO IT! That's the problem...

For weeks now I've been spending several hours every Saturday working on the novel I wrote last November as part of the NaNoWriMo.org program. I spent those hours at a coffee house inHollwood called Groundworks. This place is pretty much perfect for my needs. My favorite internet cafe in LA will always be the Boba Loca inWestwood, but Groundworks on the corner of Sunset and Cahuenga in Hollywood is a fantastic change of pace.

The catch is that it is right across the street from Amoeba music. Amoeba, for the uninitiated is where fans of just about any type of media go to die--or at least to spend a LOT of their money before they die. This is because their selection of used and new vinyl, CDs, DVDs, and even VHS and LaserDisc is incredibly vast. Obviously, they specialize in music, so I went in this past Saturday looking for the soundtrack to this kid's anime show I grew up watching (It's called Battle of the Planets in case you're wondering...).

I haven't been in there in a while (I usually know better than to go in there with actual money in the bank) and it turns out that where their soundtrack section was is now where their used LaserDisc section. So naturally, I dug through it and found a few LDs to buy. Lucky for me, the prices were very reasonable--each was cheaper than $10. On top of the anime soundtrack I picked up for $19, I spent over $40 there that day.

That's not a whole lot of money but it is way too much for me to spend considering I'm supposed to be saving up for a motorcycle. :(

I'll post a picture of the discs I picked up later today so you can see what I got.

2 comments:

  1. To quote Bill Clinton: "I feel your pain."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol--yeah, now more than ever I've got to control my urge to consume!! Must... buy... vehicle! ARG!!

    ReplyDelete