Tuesday, August 1, 2006

CONSERVATIVE TELLS THE TRUTH!!

Well, I don't think he's a politician, so, don't get too excited about him telling the truth.

Anyway...

My interest isn't in liberalism or conservatism. My interest is in Truthism. I loves me some truth, no matter how depressing that truth is. So, you can imagine how frustrated I am when I watch the news these days. Well, I was checking out The Daily Show from July 11, 2006 and as a guest was John Dean--yes, that John Dean, the Watergate figure. He's a conservative (the good kind) and he has written a book that calls a spade, a spade. That book is called Conservatives Without Conscience and, in a nutshell, it goes into how good people can do bad things, like invade countries that are no threat to us, torture people and so on.

In the interview he gave to Jon Stewart he spoke about how authoritarianism is beginning to take hold here in the US. He also spoke of studies that were done just after WWII on whether or not the kind of mass mind control that made the citizens of Germany and Italy follow the leaders of those countries to the darkside could be used against Americans. He says the studies found that such manipulation could happen here and even goes on to say that he believes America is a proto-fascist state.

"We're not there yet," he says.

Check out the clip below to see the whole interview.

2 comments:

  1. There are just as many liberals in the US who can be said not to have a consciense, and who offer their own outlines of a proto-fascist template in thinking. They are called "progressives" A little, George Soros, pun there. http://www.soros.org/about/bios/a_soros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but those liberals aren't in charge.

    If they were, I'd be going on about them.

    Hell, if our government were working the way it was supposed to be, the "liberals" (Democrats) would be fighting for change in the USG instead of protecting their future abilities to abuse power and be generally fascist.

    So, there, already I'm going on about the so-called liberals. The point is, however, that it's the so-called "conservatives" that are in power, therefore, they get to be the target for criticism. (Not that the Dems get away with none.)

    ReplyDelete