Monday, September 11, 2006

HOLLYWOODLAND (2006)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. I enjoyed it, though it did meander quite a bit.


Technically any good? There were pieces of the film I really loved. However, I think most people who see this film will find it slow. I found it slow, but interesting. I did have a problem with Affleck's make-up as his character ages--that is to say, his character didn't really age that much while in the real world, he aged quite a lot. I also found the locations (1950's LA) to look a bit too much like they'd look today and not enough like they'd look in the 1950s. Still, there was nothing technical, in the acting, script or direction that I had a problem with. Yes, I felt that Ben Affleck was really good as George Reeves. It was actually very solid casting for him.


How did it leave me feeling? Entertained and thoughtful. I actually think the filmmakers were trying to make a larger statement about truths that fall between the cracks of every day life. In that sense, it was a very good film.


Final Rating? SIYL - No explosions in this one, folks, but still a good film.

No comments:

Post a Comment