So, we've been hearing it for MONTHS now. Iraq is descending into civil war. The idea is that the two major sects of Islam are turning against one another. We have been told that there has been centuries of resentment between the Shia and the Sunni and that it's now bubbling over in the form of Iraqi-On-Iraqi violence.
The thing is, I've heard interviews with regular folks in Iraq and they say that Sunni and Shia have always gotten along for the most part. Sure, they've had their disagreements and continue to, but for them to be fighting seems (no pun intended) overkill. I've heard interviews with Shias who were married to Sunnis as well as other people who actually say there is no sectarian violence--now, a few Sunni/Shia marriages don't mean that all of them get along, but going from a few "intersectual relationships" to sectarian civil war is quite a leap.
And why now? Why would they choose a time when Americans happen to be occupying the crap out of their country? I suppose they're taking advantage of the instability so that one side or the other has a better chance of ending up on top once the dust from the occupation clears.
Still, it seems odd, to me, that this is all happening now. I could be wrong, but I'm almost thinking that there is no sectarian violence and that it's actually insurgents who are killing Iraqis who are working with the occupation. Like any Iraqi who decides to become a cop or a soldier. I mean, when we hear about people being killed over there, we never really hear the reasoning. Like, who the victims were. I just heard on ABC's World News podcast from last night that those 60+ people who were found tortured and dead yesterday were killed in sectarian violence. My question is, how could they tell? Were they all wearing their team T-shirts?
So, I'm thinking that it's another case of the media taking the USGov's lead a bit too easily (again) and simply assuming it's sectarian because they have been told that. Of course the host of ABC's World News, Charlie Gibson, doesn't bother to use the phrase "authorities say that" in front of the phrase "60+ bodies have been found, victims of sectarian violence."
I mean, hell, the bodies showed signs of torture--that sounds more like the handiwork of the US, not of sectarianists.
And if there is a civil war brewing, who are they? Who is the head of either side? It's not that Al Sadr guy--he's playing along with the new Iraqi Gov, I thought.
See how it doesn't add up?
Maybe I just need to do more research. I wish I didn't have a dayjob and then I'd have time for more research... ah well. Back to data-entering!
Weeeeee!
quote:So, I’m thinking that it’s another case of the media taking the
ReplyDeleteUSGov’s lead a bit too easily (again) and simply assuming it’s
sectarian because they have been told that.:quote When you own the money we use :have the USG in debt to you :your front men and corporations who own the media say what ever you tell them if you are the ones behind central world banking because you have some money to be made from selling war equip. too. Their is another civil war going on and it's not in Iraq.
I don't think it's that blatant. If I were to ask Anderson Cooper when he gets his email from the "NWO" (or whomever) he would laugh in my face--and it would be an honest laugh. Our society has been programmed by both the USG and our media to subconsciously prop up our government, our media and our way of life. They don't need to be told what to do or say, because if almost any American were to get to be an anchor on CNN or CBS they'd say the same things--instinctively protecting what got them to where they are and what will keep them there. There's no conspiracy here--it's just basic instincts of survival, IMHO.
ReplyDeleteI could be wrong, of course.