Wednesday, September 26, 2007

BIG LEBOWSKI (1998)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely. This was my second viewing and I felt like I enjoyed it more this time than I did the first time.


Technically any good? Definitely. The Coen Brothers made this film. You may recall their Raising Arizona or their Oh Brother, Where Art Thou. Good, if not a little weird, stuff. Solid acting from everyone involved and a script that doesn't make complete sense, but I don't think it was supposed to. John Tuturro steals every damn scene he's in. Brilliant, that man is.


How did it leave me feeling? Feeling good to be alive and to not have John Goodman's character as a friend. I think after this viewing of the film I realized that I've grown some Lebowski-esque traits since the first time I saw it. I can't tell if that's good or bad.


Final Rating? SIYL - See If You Like - it's a little violent, a little "out-there" and a little sexual, so it may not be for you. But if you don't mind those things, you'll probably enjoy it just fine.

ThePete abides, my friends, and aren't you glad he's out there?

1 comment:

  1. Great flick. I also liked it better the second time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete