Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HUMAN STAIN, THE (2003)

Positive Experience/Entertaining? Definitely positive. I wasn't sure what to expect from this film. The only reason I saw it was because of the cast and that I had heard it was good. This film is very good. A little unsettling and thought provoking, but hey, if you don't mind thinking, this film is worth seeing.


Technically any good? While I had my issues with the casting (young Anthony Hopkins is WAY hunkier than old Anthony Hopkins), I think everything was pretty damn solid. The story and script were both solid, acting was superb (though I think monotone doesn't count as an acting choice for Nicole Kidman). Everything was just solid.


How did it leave me feeling? Thoughtful--veeeery thoughtful. There's an interesting subtext (with the emphasis on "SUB") in this film of prison and slavery--I think in someways it mirrors our own reality. See? Like I said: it left me feeling thoughtful.


Final Rating? GSN - Go See Now - I really recommend this movie for anyone who enjoys good character studies and the push to think about their own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment