| [asin: B000SAGGSC] |
Technically any good? If you think chunky dialogue, uselessly foul language, seriously odd pacing and no real plot to speak of, sure. Hell, even if you're looking for the crappy fun of the first Bloodrayne you won't find it here. Michael Pare takes over for Michael Madsen as the bland, older man figure and Rayne doesn't get it on with anyone in this movie, so, there's not much reason to watch. There are a few morsels of interesting ideas, but mostly there's nothing worthwhile in this one--I know, big surprise, but the first one was not completely without it's entertainment value, if only for it's crapiness, and this one wasn't even that interesting.
How did it leave me feeling? Like I wasted an hour and forty minutes of my life. I mean, there isn't even any nudity in it! Now, I wasn't watching the unrated version, but I can't imagine where they would sneak in some actual nudity of the star. In fact, since I couldn't find any nude pics of her on the web, I'm guessing she didn't do any nudity for this movie. If anything the "unrated" version just has more uselessly foul language and (hopefully) some more violence. I should say that it was nice seeing so many kids get killed. However, a hero that does nothing when a friend is hanged, runs away instead of facing down a bunch of bad guys and lets children get sucked dry by Billy the (vampire) Kid isn't exactly inspiring. In fact, it's kind of hateful for a movie like this. It's so easy to construct likable characters and events, yet the screenwriter and director fail miserably to make anything likable in the least. Again, I know, big surprise.
Final Rating? DNS - Do Not See - just confirming what you already knew, folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment