Monday, June 22, 1998
DS9 - MORE GREAT WRITING (OR NOT!)
Well, whether you care or not, Dax, on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine has been written out of the series. Now, I never found this character to be very well developed anyway, so I am not sad in the least to see her go. I am just getting tired of watching characters get killed off, only because the writers have no idea what to do with them. Dukat's daughter was added one season and killed off the next because the writers (who are all men) have no idea how to write teenage girls. Major Kira's boyfriend, the Veddick was killed off because they couldn't make the relationship interesting (probably because the writers don't date much themselves). Why not challenge yourself as a writer? Keep rewriting until you can MAKE the relationship work. Don't give up just because you don't know something about the kind of character you've intorduced into your own show! Gene? Where are ya, man?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment