Monday, June 8, 1998

US GODZILLA BLOWS NUCLEAR CHUNKS (Media Bitchings for June 8, 1998)

Well, the new "Godzilla" movie has arrived and I am sure by now you have all seen it and if you haven't, you won't. Now, I must admit this piece of dinosaur crap was better than I expected and I can admit I even enjoyed it on some level. But I must say, that was NOT Godzilla in that film. That was a giant T. Rex. It seemed as though Dean Devlin (who you hopefully noticed was made fun of on the animated gif on my main page) and Roland Emmerich (the co-writers and co-producers - Emmerich also directed) has some immature urge to one-up Steven Spielberg's "Jurassic" movies. As a result, the true spirit of the classic Godzilla films was not achieved by any sense at all. IN FACT, compared to an ACTUAL "GOJIRA" film, the movie sucked. I'd suggest you go and see "The Truman Show" instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment