Anyone who knows me knows that I have a thing against Big Business. I don't fault anyone for making money and generally doing a fair business. My problem is in two things: 1) How they deal with customers and 2) How they make their business choices. In terms of the first point, I hate it when companies don't make an effort to make it easier for customers to complain. This is how you take care of your customers--it gives them a voice and a say and lets you make sure that your business isn't pissing people off.
Sure, there are people out there who thrive on complaining--but this is the cost of business. Silencing customers with legitimate complaints because of a handful of whiners isn't fair and will only serve to piss people off. This is why I don't understand why Amazon forces everyone to contact them through email. They have a reputation of being very good to their customers but I wonder how this can be when their 800 number is nowhere to be found on their website. Both myself and Siskita searched for a good portion of an hour on the Amazon.com website to no avail. Then I decided to do a Google search and that did it. Jason Calacanis was kind enough to, in a blog entry from January of 2004, pass on what Kevin Kelly said in his blog about an 800 number for Amazon. This included an 800 number for Amazon. Now, anyone with Google can have that number too and get the personal customer service that each of us deserves.
Hell, it's our money--don't we all want to be treated well by those we give it to?
Remember: (800) 201-7575 is Amazon.com's 800 number!
No comments:
Post a Comment