A friend of mine is this guy called MK Asante Jr. He's this poet/filmmaker/publisher guy. He's also a boba drinker like yours truly and we've gotten very chatty in our favorite boba location, Boba Loca in the heart of Westwood, California. The thing is, it's not just Asante and I getting chatty, ProHipHop.com, the Hip Hop Business Blog, was talking about Asante's new digizine the other day. I've blogged about Asante's writing and his Def Poetry Jam Featured Poetry-ness and you can check out his digizine's website here. However, it's always cool seeing your friends get talked about by people you don't even know. If hip-hop is your thing, check out ProHipHop.com's post on the Focused Online digizine.
Oh yeah, and keep your fingers crossed for FO to get a good distribution deal. Maybe then Asante'll be so generous he'll buy a round of Boba for everybody at Boba Loca! :)
What do ya say, Asante? Sound like a good idea? :D
Peace Pete,
ReplyDeleteLol. Yes, if this goes through, I'll buy some boba for a lot of folks, especially the homeless outside who've never tasted it.
Victory.