Friday, August 6, 2010

The End of Google Wave, I totally called it...

So, on August 3, 2010, I tweeted the following:



Does anybody remember this thing called “Google Wave” or how we were so excited about it?” 1:25 PM Aug 3rd


The next day, on August 4, 2010, the Google Blog announced:
Wave has not seen the user adoption we would have liked. We don’t plan to continue developing Wave as a standalone product

I know, I know, it was a little obvious that Wave was failing, I just thought it was cool that I happened to mention it the day before it was officially discontinued.

I GOT MY FINGER ON THE PULSE OF THE INTERNETS!!  … or something like that…

What’s funny is that I now find myself thinking of gMail more like I thought of Wave, the few times I used it, anyway.  I make sure the subject is relevant to what I’m emailing about and I find myself sticking to one topic in the email to make the entire “gMail conversation” a single unit.

…Interesting…

OH yeah—anybody wanna take bets on when we’ll see Buzz buzz-off?

No comments:

Post a Comment