Technically any good? The music was good, but most of the choices the director made were extremely safe and bland. I always imagined the Phantom as a very Batman-esque character (or vice versa) and as Schumacher made seriously bad Batman movies, he's made a seriously bad Phantom of the Opera movie. He seems to think shooting people singing and doing nothing else is fine--DUH, it's a MOVIE. SHOW US STUFF.
How did I feel as the credits rolled? Frustrated but not surprised. Schumacher is a truly lousy director who should not be allowed to make mainstream film anymore. His movies are just bland, uninteresting piles of dung that do little to nothing to entertain. PotO was no exception (like Falling Down was--that was the only good Schumacher movie). You may enjoy it, but you probably won't feel anything as you watch.
Final Rating? DNS
Just agreeing with your review, and I'm a big Phantom fan. The movie does nothing to capture the magic of the stage version. Having a Phantom who can't really sing doesn't help.
ReplyDeletebkn ojala k se baje
ReplyDeleteUh, is that a foreign language? :-!
ReplyDelete