Saturday, June 10, 2006

My Connection is Back

So, the official explanation from the guy Adelphia sent over to fix our 'net connection is this:

"Sometimes, the signal goes down a little bit and then, because you've got the signal split off to so many different TVs, that can make the signal too weak for the modem to take it."

Then I ask them "but how come it was fine a week ago?"

"It's just that sometimes the signal goes down a little," he replies.

"So, the cable signal is weaker now than it was a week ago?" I ask.

"No, it just went down a little."

"Oh."

Huh?

Effin' cable companies, man...

Although these guys weren't from Adelphia. They were from a company called Net Source. They were nice and friendly, but TheWife was told by Adelphia that we'd get a phone call 30 minutes before they arrived which we didn't, which is why I'm awake right now on an effing Saturday, the first day I've been able to sleep in after a week of returning to the world of the 9-to-5er job.

So, the short of it is that I get to spend the next few hours figuring out how to rewire my somewhat massive media setup so that 3 TVs two VCRs and a DVR still get a cable system with only a Y-splitter supplying two coax cables.

Good thing I'm such a massive nerd when it comes to video equipment. :)

Well, better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment